This recipe is from "Low Fat Cooking", by Pamela Westland. I haven't tried this yet, due to my BULGING cookbook and I'm trying to cut back in desserts... anyway, if u try them, do let me know if u like it. Posted on request by love4culinary. Prep time is an estimation; seems like a really easy recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Mix the rice, ground almonds, and sugar.
- 3Thoroughly beat in the egg white, honey, and almond essence.
- 4Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- 5Place teaspoons of the mixture well apart on the paper, and press a split almond on top of each.
- 6Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the cookies are light golden brown.
- 7Leave them to cool slightly on the cookie sheet, then lift them off the waxed paper.
- 8When cool, store in an airtight tin.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Rice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 0.5 g