Chef Mallory's Note:
I made this for my 16 year old sister Ally, who only weighs 80 pounds and has decided to become a vegetarian. Thank god I'm resourceful when it comes to cooking. This is a quick and easy way to get her to eat something that she used to love in her pre-veggie days. This will probably taste better and be healthier if it was made from scratch but since I have yet to cook with tofu, this will have to do. I'll make an addendum when I experiment some more. Brands names are key to cooking this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil one bag of rice according to box directions.
- 2Microwave broccoli according to bag directions.
- 3Microwave or bake chik patties for time alloted on box. Let cool for one minute and then cut into bite size pieces.
- 4Put broccoli and chicken into a medium mixing bowl and mix with Sweet and Sour sauce, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- 5Mix until well blended and serve over white rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ally's Quick and Easy Vegetarian Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1092.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Morningstar Farms Original Chik Patties