This is a very simple recipe that produces stunning results. Szechuan cooking is usually pretty spicy, but this recipe is surprisingly mild. I like to jack it up a bit with some hot sauce, but my family doesn't like spicy food, so I do my own at the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 bunch scallion, cut diagonally in 1-inch pieces
- hot cooked rice
- 1Heat the oils in a wok over high heat.
- 2Toss the cubed chicken breast in a bowl with the cornstarch to coat.
- 3Add the chicken and minced garlic to the wok and stir-fry until the chicken is lightly browned.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients except the scallions.
- 5Cover and cook for three minutes.
- 6Add the scallions.
- 7Cover and cook for two more minutes.
- 8Serve with hot, cooked rice or fried rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 10 Minute Szechuan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 1142.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar